This is an Archive PageThis page is meant for archiving purposes only, do not modify the contents of this page! To see the list of archive pages, go to the main page for this archive. If you have a reply for one of these discussion topics, move it back to the and edit it there.
|Other Archives • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 •|
I have managed to find screenshots of the PurpleTools (PurpleRestore, etc.) on the internet. If you're interested in adding them to the Wiki, I can send them to you. --Srb21103 (talk) 19:27, 2 January 2013 (MST)
- Sure! --5urd (talk) 02:31, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, I saw you uploaded a PurpleRestore image. Two questions:
- It has a watermark from @TechSight in it. Did you obtain the permission to add it to the wiki? Or do you think this falls under the US-only "fair-use" usage?
- Why is it a jpg and not a png? I mean it's a screenshot and pngs are smaller and have full quality.
- --http (talk) 01:28, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
- I would think it falls under fair use. Fair use say something along the lines of its legal if it is used for educational purposes. Also, they are not mine, they are Srb21103's. --5urd (talk) 01:46, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
- Due to no reply and/or reason for deletion, I will make it again. If you have an issues with the page please say them on the talk page first. This is like Dream Team so should stay. iAdam1n (talk)11:48, 26 January 2013 (UTC)}}
- I agree with his undo. Rowspans over different tools are confusing. --http (talk) 20:58, 24 March 2013 (UTC)
A6 file deletion
You deleted the File:A6.jpg with comment "Copyright violation". Can you give details? The author explicitly allowed redistribution etc. under Creative Commons license or something like that. Anything wrong with that? We have several other images with same license still here. --http (talk) 05:58, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- My apologies. It was not a copyright violation. It was marked for deletion for being unused. If you want to add it back, feel free to. I was half awake, and I guess I accidentally clicked "Copyright violation". --5urd (talk) 14:37, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- No worries. You did nothing wrong. We are all here to learn and contribute. If you do want to learn, MediaWiki provides a formatting help page. --5urd (talk) 23:50, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
Hey 5urd, noticed you removed Felix's site as a piracy site, but as far as I can tell, that site just lists Apple's download links instead of redistributing firmware files. I agree though with linking to firmware instead, since that site does have some scammy ads on it. Britta (talk) 05:30, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
- Not all of the IPSWs on that site are Apple-hosted; you can no longer download certain paid firmwares (like iOS 3.1.1 for the iPod touch 1G or 2G) from Apple. --Dialexio (talk) 06:05, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
- I think both are right. While it hosts a few really old IPSWs that were paid updates at their time, most firmware selections link directly to Apple. Before icj's site, this was the best download link collection. Calling this a "piracy site" is a little far-fetched. But yes, we don't need to promote it and linking to our firmware page is better. --http (talk) 09:29, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
- My apologies. That site used to list not only free firmwares, but also the paid ones. I have checked it now and Felix appears to have removed them and now only lists the free firmwares. However, using Firmware instead of Felix's site is a better choice IMHO as linking to Felix's site is a little redundant considering we have a page here that lists everything his does. --5urd (talk) 19:31, 9 November 2013 (UTC)