If you have questions/concerns about an edit I made to an article, please use the talk page for the article in question.
- with...? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gojohnnyboi (talk) 04:00, March 29, 2010 (UTC). Please consult this page for more info on how to sign pages, and how to fix this.
alright i agree with what u did. Leobruh 04:39, 3 July 2010 (UTC)!
Thanks for curating this wiki by wikifying paragraphs and adding tons of relevant, accurate, and grammatically correct info. :) Iemit737 01:00, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks! You've done a pretty amazing job also. :D --Dialexio 02:50, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for adding those HQ torrent links, probably better than my FLV anyway ;) MaybachMan 22:06, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
... And once again for the Bluetooth additions. I'll shut up now ;) MaybachMan 22:14, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
should we start a beta firmwares page that contains a table with release dates, baseband versions, and iboot versions but without links? It might be interesting for reference purposes, and a good way to link to the decryption keys. Iemit737 03:53, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- I suppose this could be done (at Firmware/Beta?). I don't think hashes should be provided, though. A hash will probably only serve to help idiots pirate, verify, and install a beta firmware. --Dialexio 04:57, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
You are now a sysop. --geohot 15:32, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks geohot! I'll be sure to do the best I can. --Dialexio 21:48, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
idc if the link is there or not u can C&P my paragraph to keep people informed Leobruh 05:37, 25 August 2010 (UTC)!
- What do you mean with Q, idc, C&P? Ah, and yes, I agree that he deleted the advertisement page you made. It doesn't really belong into this wiki and the page had no content except the link to your blog. -- http 10:34, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
i like you --Ifish 03:39, 31 August 2010 (UTC)ifish
You're awesome! --desertsn0w 17:57, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
happy birthday 5urd 22:48, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks! ^_^ --Dialexio 23:42, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
Happy Birthday Buddy! <3 --Ifish 18:20, 9 October 2010 (UTC)ifish
Sorry if you get upse while seeing unsigned posts. I try my best --5urd 23:58, October 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I am not amused. :P --Dialexio 00:02, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
PNG to IMG3
Hey, Why did you remove my project PNG TO IMG3 Thanks --Seifhatem 20:20, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- There was no link to the program, and we've had some problems in the past when it came to program pages on The iPhone Wiki. If you feel your program is notable enough to be on the wiki, drop a note in the community portal, and then any active community members will decide. --Dialexio 21:44, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- I don't get why it is in the VFDecrypt section if it deals with PNG's and IMG3's as VFDecrypt only deals with FileVault encrypted files... --5urd 22:37, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Please see also the new rules for such tools in this wiki. --http 00:39, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- there was a 4shared link for the program and i wrote credits for img3decrypt someone changed it to vfdecrypt i didn't announce before i release it.--Seifhatem 13:12, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- I apologize for hastily calling the program vaporware. The download link wasn't made available on the page, just the VFDecrypt page (on which it didn't quite belong, as 5urd mentioned). --Dialexio 15:22, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- this edit to VFDecrypt says that is is coded on VFDevcrypt, NOT img3decrypt --5urd 20:11, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
Messed up emails
Why did you hide you email in some stuff. Is it to prevent spam? --5urd 17:18, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yup. Spam bots will have a lot of fun trying to read the source code. ;) --Dialexio 17:19, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Makes sense. --5urd 17:21, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Advanced spam bots just filter that stuff away, and even better ones also the visible:none parts, so you're not totally safe. Just as a warning. -- http 19:24, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- I never expected it to be fool-proof. :P Oh well. --Dialexio 20:02, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
For the only user I created so far I have set a temp password, but he already changed it before I gave it to him, so I think we don't need to request a temp password, just set something. -- http 19:24, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Got it. --Dialexio 20:02, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
You said to try it out yourself, but I don't have GenPass compiled and MinGW or Visual Studio won't compile it for me. Do you have a copy? --5urd 18:54, 16 December 2011 (MST)
- Nope. It should compile fine in a Linux VM, though. But take my word for it, the "x" is needed to get the correct VFDecrypt key. --Dialexio 19:26, 16 December 2011 (MST)
In chrome the bottom and sidebar are white and the side text is unreadable --geohot 21:02, 8 January 2012 (MST)
- Sorry about that; I didn't pay enough attention to the CSS that was deleted. The links are readable once more, but the logo reflection in WebKit browsers is a bit off. --Dialexio 21:36, 8 January 2012 (MST)
- No problem, spotted the unmatched brace at the same time, went to edit, and saw it'd been fixed. At least I understand MW css a bit better. --geohot 21:38, 8 January 2012 (MST)
- All first characters are always capitalized. To make it default to lowercase in your signature, you need to change it. --5urd (talk) 18:55, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
Minor phrasing thing
Hey Dialexio! I was looking at User:Dialexio/The iPhone Wiki:Account creation and wondering if "I'm SICK of seeing Dropbox or LinkedIn invites" may scare off potential new contributors a teeny bit from asking for accounts - maybe something like "I really don't want accidental Dropbox or LinkedIn invites" or something instead? Britta (talk) 18:09, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I was thinking about cleaning that up. :P I'll change the wording a bit. --Dialexio (talk) 22:40, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
Dialexio, I emailed you at M
ster.Dr axelf @g mail
- Responded. Also, I would prefer it if you don't post my full email address in plain text to avoid spam. :) --Dialexio (talk) 16:26, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
Can you delete these pages now, since they are not needed, since the renovation of the Jailbreak page:
Giving credit doesn't hurt.
- For a significant discovery, sure. In this case, it smelled a lot like you were trying to boost your own ego though. There are quite a few workarounds/solutions listed on iTunes Errors, and none of them are attributed to their original authors on the page itself; just the page history (which is still intact in your case, as well as for everyone else). --Dialexio (talk) 16:40, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
It is not about boosting some ego, it is about being credited for what you do.
And BTW, it is strange that you decided to delete the credits and keep the research :))) It's like deleting the author of a book but keeping the content ;) Anyway. If this is how Media Wiki works nowadays... :D --The preceding unsigned comment was added by GeoSn0w (talk) 18:10, December 17, 2015. Please consult this page for more info on how to sign pages, and how to fix this.
- I removed your name from the page because adding your own name to a page (that isn't a talk page) tends to sound narcissistic. In that edit, I was also accounting for how significant the information was to decide whether or not it should remain, and if so, in what form. --Dialexio (talk) 22:07, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
Adding own iDevice Info Fetcher to Wiki
Hello mister #Admin#, can I add a page for this app: https://github.com/GeoSn0w/iF0rensics-r2---GeoSn0w? Or maybe it will get rejected as it has my nickname on it ;)--GeoSn0w (talk) 14:08, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- I don't particularly see the usefulness of it; a *lot* of that information can be grabbed on the device itself, and... to be blunt, its functionality sounds like a first attempt at working with iOS devices and libusb. I'm also doubtful that this has at least 1,000 unique users. I'll have to say no because of that. --Dialexio (talk) 18:14, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
Apple Internal Edits
Hi! Just wanted to know what I should show as "proof" for my edits (I want to be in compliance with the rules). I'm planning to add pictures that I can find/obtain of prototypes running each respective factory firmware, and just wanted to know if there's anything I else should do. Thanks! --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 3xpl0itz (talk) 19:46, November 4, 2017 (UTC). Please consult this page for more info on how to sign pages, and how to fix this.
- For prototype/internal firmwares, a high-res picture of the firmware running on a device should be sufficient. (Nothing too crazy, just don't give us a dinky little 600x400 JPEG with 15% quality.) Filesystem listings might help back you up, but I don't think it'd be as valuable as it can be easily faked. (Pictures can be faked as well, but it takes more work to do so.) You may also point to other sites reporting the same information (but remember: linking to Apple's software without their permission is illegal). Hope that helps! --Dialexio (talk) 22:18, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
Will do. Thank you! (-3xpl0itz)