- Improving with better images is always fine, as long as it's not pure decoration. And check copyright first. -- http 01:09, 18 October 2011 (MDT)
Should this and the A4 page be merged? They're practically the same in content. --Dialexio 17:18, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- A4 is just the public name for the s5l8930, no? I say we merge it and make A4 redirect to this page, with a /very minor/ explanation on why it redirects you to this page. ~Drake
- This was from when the pages were separate entities. The problem has since been resolved. :) --Dialexio 04:13, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
Is there an iBoot exploit?
Geohot got the iPad to boot verbosely, and the VFDecrypt and other fun keys.This almost certainly means there is an iboot/llb exploit out there, no? Can the keys be gotten with just a tethered bootrom exploits? --Iemit737 21:39, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- It could be possible he found a bootrom exploit that was pwnage 2 like however the real pwnage exploits the unchecked LLB but apple could have made a mistake with the new shsh check --liamchat 19:20, 29 August 2010 (UTC)
- Are we sure that geohot even had an untethered bootrom exploit? He had denied that "pwned4life" or whatever it was was real. LiNK 02:07, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
- There /is/ a bootrom exploit. It's probably tethered (for now). It's a code-execution exploit, as you can't get keys without executing code. Hope this helps. ~Drake
- A bootrom exploit tethered or untethered can be used to boot verbosely, SIDEBAR: people take tethered/untethered as meaning far too much, all tethered/untethered means is you need to plug in to something to boot, it has absolutely NO bearing on any other capability --Lilstevie 14:26, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
New Untethered Kernel Exploit?
If you look closely in this video, upon respring there is some distortion in the top left corner. I'm guessing there is another one of those Spirit/Star type exploits in one of the frameworks that allows some shellcode to get stuck into the framebuffer to provide an untethered jailbreak... Which is awesome... Iemit737 22:59, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- I think it is a problem with PwnageTool; it is not ready for iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G yet and there were the same problems with Sn0wbreeze --liamchat 17:19, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- That's not correct at all. :/ It has to do with the exploit itself, not the program that is used to jailbreak. LiNK 22:40, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- The problem is not really with pwnageTool because they said they got the touch 4G to restore a custom IPSW. The issue is getting a nice exploit for the main boot chain that's not tethered Iemit737 22:08, 28 September 2010 (UTC)