Custom Boot Logo Tethered
If we chose to "Boot Tethered" in redsn0w, can we use our own custom boot logo? Or at least make a new pwnapple? It's getting kind of Old... --xX-BLACK_OPS-Xx
- You can easily swap out the pwnapple in the Mac OS X version (just look in redsn0w.app's "MacOS" folder). Unfortunately, it's not so simple for its Windows counterpart... :\ --Dialexio 06:35, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
For 0.9.7 beta 1-4 a comment that it's Mac-only is missing. Any idea how to add this? --http 08:13, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
- Perhaps we can add a column (or two) to the table to specify which OSes each version of redsn0w works with. --Dialexio 08:47, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed. But if you change the formatting, then I think the whole table should be redesigned; the edit buttons are in the middle of the texts and it is not clear which description belongs to which version (at least on my iPhone Safari). valign=top is missing and maybe borders. --http 12:43, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
Supported vs Compatible Device(s)
I have replaced "supported" with the word "compatible" as many devices are still supported as in Apple still provides phone/technical support but the device may not be eligible for newer iOS update.
- Before: Jailbreaks iOS 4.1-4.2.1 on all supported devices.
- After: Jailbreaks iOS 4.1-4.2.1 on all compatible devices.
As far as I know, redsn0w never supported the iPod touch 2G with new bootrom (please verify). This means supported is not the same as compatible for iOS versions that are compatible with it. --http 09:45, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- In that case, we could make an exception like in iOS 4.3.1.
- Jailbreaks iOS 4.3.1 on all compatible devices except iPad 2.