p0sixspwn is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3-6.1.6 by winocm, iH8sn0w and SquiffyPwn. It was initially made available as an Cydia package on Saurik's repo to untether already jailbroken devices. It works with all devices that support iOS 6.1.3-6.1.6 and 5.2.1 - 5.3 on Apple TV (2nd generation). On 30 December 2013, a Mac OS X program was released to perform a jailbreak. A Windows program was released on 3 January 2014.
Cydia Package Changelog
- 1.0-5 the initial release of the untether
- 1.0-9 iPhone 4 (iPhone3,1) boot loop fix
- 1.1-1 Automatically reboot after 30 seconds if device did not boot. (iH8sn0w's repo only)
- 1.1-2 Automatically reboot after one minute if device did not boot due to 30 seconds was too quick. (iH8sn0w's repo only)
- 1.1-3 Automatically reboot after two minutes if device did not boot due to 60 seconds was too quick. (iH8sn0w's repo only)
- 1.2-1 Various bug fixes.
- 1.3-2 Fixes iMessage, LTE issues and Apple TV (2nd generation) support.
- 1.4-1 Support iOS 6.1.6.
- APR (/usr/lib) (1.3.3-2;
- APT 0.7 (apt-key) (0.7.25.3-3;
- APT 0.7 Strict (lib) (0.7.25.3-11;
- Base Structure (1-4;
- BigBoss Icon Set (1.0;
- Bourne-Again SHell (4.0.17-13;
- bzip2 (1.0.5-7;
- Core Utilities (/bin) (8.12-7p;
- Cydia Installer (1.1.9;
- Cydia Translations (18.104.22.168;
- Darwin Tools (1-4;
- Debian Packager (1.14.25-9;
- Debian Utilities (3.3ubuntu1-1p;
- Diff Utilities (2.8.1-6;
- Find Utilities (4.2.33-6;
- GNU Privacy Guard (1.4.8-4;
- grep (2.5.4-3;
- gzip (1.6-7;
- iPhone Firmware (/sbin) (0-1;
- LZMA Utils (4.32.7-4;
- New Curses (5.7-12;
- PAM (Apple) (32.1-3;
- PAM Modules (36.1-4;
- pcre (8.30-5p;
- p0sixspwn (1.4-1;
- Profile Directory (0-2;
- readline (6.0-7;
- sed (4.1.5-7;
- shell-cmds (118-6;
- system-cmds (433.4-12;
- Tape Archive (1.19-8;
- UIKit Tools (1.1.8;
- posix_spawn kernel information leak (by i0n1c)
- posix_spawn kernel exploit (CVE-2013-3954) (by i0n1c)
- mach_msg_ool_descriptor_ts for heap shaping
- DeveloperDiskImage race condition (by comex)
- launchd.conf untether
These strings were found on the jailbroken device in /var/untether/untether:
"@iH8sn0w, @SquiffyPwn & @winocm have launched!"
"This untether was made with love and care in North America."
Lotsa love to @planetbeing for the smexy dyld bug & patches :-)
This suggests that there was plans to jailbreak Apple TVs:
This is an AppleTV. Special sandbox patches go here?