This is the first generation iPad. It was announced on 27 January, 2010, and initially ran unique versions of iOS (3.2.x). The name used in firmware is iPad1,1.
The first generation iPad makes use of 1 GHz S5L8930 CPU (A4 chip).
Baseband (3G version)
The exact part is the Infineon 337S3754 PMB 8878 X-Gold baseband IC 5Y06115.
GPS (3G version)
The 3G-equipped iPad also contains Broadcom's BCM4750 chip.
- Display: 9.7" 1024x768 LED-backlit IPS display at 132 ppi
- Size: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm) (height) x 7.47 inches (189.7 mm) (width) x 0.5 inches (13.4 mm) (depth)
- Color: Black
- Battery: Up to 10 hours of Internet use, one month of standby
- Weight: 1.5 pounds (0.68 kg) Wi-Fi model; 1.6 pounds (0.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model
- 3G: UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), data only
- RAM: 256 MB
- SIM card: Micro-SIM (3G model)
- Connector: 30-pin