The iPhone SE was introduced at Apple's "Let us loop you in." event in March 2016. There are two versions of the iPhone SE that use the same firmware, but different OTA updates: the N69AP and N69uAP. The iPhone SE has the model numbers A1662, A1723, and A1724.
The iPhone SE makes use of Apple's A9 SoC. The A9 is manufactured by both Samsung and TSMC, and is assigned different chip IDs based on this.
- Display: 4.0" 1136x640 LED-backlit IPS display at 326 ppi
- Size: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm) (height) x 2.31 inches (58.6 mm) (width) x 0.3 inch. (7.6 mm) (depth)
- Color: Space Gray, Silver, Gold or Rose Gold
- Battery: Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G, Standby time: Up to 10 days, Internet use: Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 13 hours on LTE, up to 13 hours on Wi-Fi, Video playback: Up to 13 hours, Audio playback: Up to 50 hours
- Weight: 113 g (3.99 oz)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Voice Assistant: Siri
- Rear camera: 12 MP with Autofocus and manual focus (Tap to focus), supporting 4K 3840x2160p at 30fps, HD 1080p video recording @ 30 - 60 FPS, 720p at 30-240fps.
- Front camera: 1.2 MP photos and video @ 30 FPS, FaceTime Video Calls supported
- SIM Card: Nano-SIM
- Connector: Lightning Connector