Moved from old S5L8930 (Bootrom) talk page
Looks like this bootrom was finalized right before 3.0 came out last year. Sounds like good news for whatever exploits might be out there. Iemit737 19:54, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
I'm trying to find out how to upload the bootrom :/ any help? --Dylan Laws 22:48, 11 January 2012 (MST)
- Upload what where? I don't understand your question. --beej 13:41, 12 January 2012 (MST)
- In redn0w it exploits with limera1n, then uploads the bootrom, then the LLB file (right before you select the jailbreak options). So my
qustion is how do i upload the bootrom like redsn0w does. P.S correct me if im wrong --Dylan Laws 21:01, 12 January 2012 (MST)
- I'm no redsn0w expert, but I don't understand how any bootrom could be uploaded to the phone. The "ro" in "bootrom" stands for read-only because it is permanent code etched in silicon. What problem are you trying to solve? --beej 23:41, 12 January 2012 (MST)
- No, redsn0w exploits the bootrom with limera1n then uploads a pwned iBSS which can be launched directly from DFU mode followed by a pwned iBEC at which point it can upload a ramdisk (which has cydia and the untethers on it) as well as the kernel. The bootrom is not distributed except on the device itself. It can only be dumped and you can't upload a patched one because it's read-only. blackthund3r 00:06, 13 January 2012 (MST)
- Thank's blackthunder you're awesome, where do i get the custom ramdisk? --Dylan Laws 13:15, 13 January 2012 (MST)
make one --Zmaster 16:05, 13 January 2012 (MST)
Ok --Dylan Laws 22:52, 13 January 2012 (MST)
Is this page really necessary?
.. Just a dump of strings? What more, there are plenty more strings in iBoot than those.
Aren't people here more interested in disassembly, etc (q.v. main iBoot page) --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Morpheus (talk) 11 March 2012, 6:53 GMT. Please consult this page for more info on how to sign pages, and how to fix this.
- The name of this page is wrong, it's not the iBoot, it's the bootrom. A rename discussion is going on, see Talk:Bootrom. The string list is complete, but not of much value. I added them just last week mainly for the name discussion and such. Feel free to remove it if you have better technical content. --http 07:57, 11 March 2012 (MDT)