Onword is an internal game for testing Game Center. It was developed by Ken Kocienda.
The player must form words from a random set of seven letters. Similar to Scrabble, each letter has a point value, and the point values are combined when a word is formed. Each game runs for exactly one minute.
Full Game Center functionality is still present even today, and you can still invite players and matchmake with up to 4 players without issue. There is also a singleplayer mode available for practice.
There are seven achievements for Onword in Game Center.
- 5 Letter word - Complete a five letter word (50 Points).
- Six Letter Word - Complete a six letter word (50 Points).
- Seven Letter Word - Complete a seven letter word (100 Points).
- Word with Q - Complete a word with the letter Q (50 Points).
- Hidden Achievement (100 Points)
- X-rated - Complete a word with the letter X (50 Points).
- Hidden Achievement (50 Points)
Onword keeps track of every game played, word completed, and averages.
- Your Best Games Ever - A list of games played in order of high to low score.
- Your Best Words Ever - A list of words completed in order of high to low points, along with the date and time.
- Your Averages - A list of averages in different areas of the game. It includes:
- Total Games Played
- Average Game Score
- Average Words Per Game
- Average Word Score
- Average Word Length