Jailbreak Monte (j-ale-brek mon-t) is a jailbreak that was created by MuscleNerd to achieve an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 on S5L8930-based devices. This is a so-called backup solution, because of stalled development for an "untethering" exploit for 4.2.1.
- redsn0w version 0.9.7 (beta 1-6)
- An Intel-based Mac (A Windows version was not released yet because the process is "excruciatingly slow.")
- iOS 4.2 beta 3 (A paid-for Apple Developer account is required in order to download.)
- SHSHs for your device and iOS 4.2 beta 3
Monte has been released as a beta program to a bigger audience. Each release fixed some problems. (see redsn0w). The current version still has the following issues:
- Having a Windows version (see @redsn0w_testers twitter post). It will be very slow.
- Porting Monte back to 4.1 (see @redsn0w_testers twitter post).
- Data-restore with iTunes erases the jailbreak.
- ? (DRM iBooks etc.?)