iPad (3rd generation)
The iPad (3rd generation) was announced on March 7, 2012. It shares a similar exterior with the iPad 2, but is slightly thicker and heavier.
There are three variants:
The iPad (3rd generation) makes use of the Apple A5X.
Baseband (LTE versions)
All LTE iPads make use of the Qualcomm MDM9600.
The iPad (3rd generation) uses the BCM4330 for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communication.
- Display: 9.7" 2048x1536 LED-backlit IPS display at 264 ppi (Retina Display)
- Size: 9.5 inches (241.2 mm) (height) x 7.31 inches (185.7 mm) (width) x 0.37 inch (9.4 mm) (depth)
- Color: Black or White
- Battery: Up to 10 hours of Internet use
- Weight: 1.44 pounds (652 g) iPad3,1 model; 1.46 pounds (662 g) 4G models
- 2G: GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); (iPad3,2 model) CDMA 1xRTT (800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G: UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); (iPad3,2 model) CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)
- LTE: 700, (iPad3,3 model) 2100 MHz
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n
- RAM: 1 GB
- Voice Assistant: Siri (Requires iOS 6 or newer)
- Rear camera: 5 MP photos and 1080p videos @ 30 FPS (iSight Camera)
- Front camera: VGA photos and videos @ 30 FPS, FaceTime supported
- SIM Card: Micro-SIM (iPad3,2 and iPad3,3 models)
- Connector: 30-pin