Phase 1: Certificate Dumper
Allows anyone with a 3G S right now to generate a file that contains:
- The Exclusive Chip ID tag for your device
- The new RSA signature for a 3.0GM iPhone 3G S iBSS that includes your ECID
This way, if Apple tries to pull a fast one and disallow downgrades to earlier versions, you have a backup that can be used to still allow you to boot an older iBSS.
Apple can not stop you from obtaining the ECID from your phone. But the webapp behind purplera1n calls the same Apple servers which are also used by iTunes for signing your personal iBSS ECID combination. So this will stop working, when
- a new firmware gets released and Apple does not allow downdating any more or
- Apple finds a way to disinguish between requests from iTunes and purplera1n
As purplera1n uses a distributed application hosting it is not easy for Apple to filter it using IP addresses.
Phase 2: Jailbreak App
- Web Site: http://purplera1n.com
Multiplatform one-click jailbreak for 3GS.