- Umbrella -- used to save the SHSH file of your iDevice to make it possible to later downgrade or restore the firmware. It even works with non-jailbroken devices.
- TinyTSS -- local server used to playback saved SHSH files during an iTunes restore.
- Save SHSH -- If done with Request SHSH From Cydia ENABLED will result in Cydia storing your SHSHs for the current version Apple is signing.
- If Cydia returns only some of the SHSHs you desired, it is because Cydia does not have the others. Sorry. Nothing you can do to get them.
- TinyUmbrella needs admin privileges to listen on port 80 and to change your hosts file.
- Mac Users -- Disable Web Sharing (System Prefs -> Sharing -> Uncheck Web Sharing)
- Windows Users -- Disable IIS this may help Also make sure Apache is not running.
- Make sure you have the latest java runtime installed Get Java (Click Download JRE)
- Make sure you have iTunes installed. Rule of thumb: if your device is not detected in iTunes, it won't be detected in TinyUmbrella either.
- TinyUmbrella works best when your device is in normal mode. (Recovery and DFU have very limited functionality)
- AppleTV requires external power above and beyond what the USB provides. Please make sure your AppleTV is plugged into the wall. Then plug in the USB. Then reboot/reset your AppleTV. Then start TinyUmbrella.
- Mac 10.5.8 users -- Fixing your permissions has helped more than a few folks with the 255 error on startup.
- Mac users that just cannot get TinyUmbrella to work properly -- Install TinyUmbrella to your /Applications directory then do this: (Note you will need your administrator password)
- Open Terminal and type "/Applications/TinyUmbrella.app/Contents/MacOS/umbrella-tool" without the quotes and then press return.