Difference between revisions of "The iPhone Wiki:General disclaimer"
(→Legitimate discussion only)
m (5urd moved page Disclaimer to The iPhone Wiki talk:General disclaimer without leaving a redirect)
Revision as of 00:51, 28 January 2013
From ye old iPhone Dev Wiki
This is a place for people who want to make iPhone even more awesome than it is already out of the box.
No company in the world can build all the features into a product that users might want right from the beginning. But given Apple's proven track record of building great improvements right into the next version, we see enormous potential.
By the way, opening iPhone's case voids warranty. That should be clear.
Legitimate discussion only
The iPhone Wiki intends to expand the value of iPhone by finding new uses for it in legitimate ways.
Since users have asked for some explanation, here are some examples. Those are in no way comprehensive, and should not be considered legal advice, but should give you a good overall understanding what this project is all about and what it is not.
Examples of legitimate activities include:
- Porting Linux to iPhone
- Describing the behavior of iPhone
- Finding and fixing bugs
- Improving compatibility
Examples of activities that must probably be considered not legitimate and hence will not be tolerated include:
- Conducting or reporting about activities that might void your iPhone License Agreement (thanks TUAW)
- Making accessible material that is not licensed for distribution
- Disseminating knowledge that was acquired in a way that might violate any laws, especially copyright (ex. Siri ports w/o 9A406)
- Any discussion of stripping the DRM from apps
Should you encounter such material, remove it immediately, as it is a violation of this site's policy. Users are responsible for their postings