An SoC developed by Apple in-house chip design department. It is currently used in iPad, iPhone 4 GSM model, Apple TV 2G, iPod touch 4G, and the iPhone 4 CDMA model. Publicly, Apple refers to this chip as the A4.
- Geohot used a bootrom exploit in limera1n that does not have publicly released technical details.
- BPF STX Kernel Write Exploit - Works up to iOS 3.2
- IOSurface Kernel Exploit - Works up to iOS 4.0.1 (excluding iOS 3.2.2)
- Packet Filter Kernel Exploit - Works up to iOS 4.1
- HFS Legacy Volume Name Stack Buffer Overflow - Works up to iOS 4.2.8
- ndrv_setspec() Integer Overflow - Works up to iOS 4.3.3
- MobileBackup Copy Exploit - Works up to iOS 3.2
- Malformed CFF Vulnerability - Works up to iOS 4.0.1 (excluding iOS 3.2.2)
- CPU: ARM Cortex-A8
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 535
- A/V Playback: PowerVR VXD
- RAM: 256 MB (Apple TV 2G, iPad, and iPod touch 4G) or 512 MB (iPhone 4)