JailbreakCon or WWJC (Worldwide Jailbreak Convention; formerly MyGreatFest) is a convention centered around the iOS jailbreak community. The day after the first one was held, the name was changed from MyGreatFest to JailbreakCon (WWJC).
JailbreakCon New York, August 2013
This event was held at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle (New York) on 23-24 August. The first day was a developer workshop, and the second day was the main event.
The CopyTrans Blog has a post describing the general experience of the conference.
Workshops (first day)
Jay Freeman (saurik), Britta Gustafson, and Ryan Petrich answered questions and taught aspects of developing and contributing. Most of this was not recorded, but there's some video of Ryan Petrich answering development questions.
Speakers (second day)
- Joshua Hill (p0sixninja) spoke about OpenJailbreak, explaining the project's goals. He published his slides (PPT). Several blogs wrote articles summarizing the talk: iFans, iJailbreak, AppAdvice, and ModMyi. p0sixninja also discussed the status of the iOS 7 jailbreak, summarized by ModMyi.
- Nikias Bassen (pimskeks) gave an explanation of how evasi0n works. Here are his slides (PDF) and an article from iFans that summarizes the talk.
- Carsten Heinelt, developer of iFile, discussed some iFile features, explained why iFile can't be published as-is in the App Store, and talked about the future of iFile. This ModMyi article summarizes the talk.
- Ryan Petrich, developer of many tweaks, explained some of the developer libraries he maintains and announced his upcoming revival of TweakWeek. Here is his example code, an iDownloadBlog article about TweakWeek 2, and a ModMyi article about it.
- Adam Bell, another tweak developer, discussed developing Message Box and demonstrated how to use Cycript to prototype a tweak. Here's a video of the talk and his slides and example code. iFans wrote an article summarizing the talk.
- Jay Freeman (saurik) talked about the complications of determining whether jailbreaking is legal. iFans wrote an article about their impression of the talk.
- Filippo Bigarella, another tweak developer, talked about the process of developing tweaks. iFans wrote an article summarizing the talk.
- TCcentex, a theme artist, told the story of E is for Ezra, a theme that raises money for the ModMyi founder's charitable organization that supports neuroblastoma research. He released E is for Ezra 2 during his presentation. Video of the talk.
- Britta Gustafson, SaurikIT community manager, talked about why people jailbreak their devices. Video of the talk + written transcript.
JailbreakCon San Francisco, September 2012
This event was held at South San Francisco Conference Center on 29 September.
Archive of video live stream (since 2011, includes 2012 event).
- Aaron Ash, developer of Barrel and other tweaks; Video stream archive of talk.
- Carsten Heinelt, developer of iFile; Video stream archive of talk.
- Cyril Cattiaux (pod2g), jailbreak developer. Video of talk, and talk slides (PDF).
- Steven De Franco (iH8sn0w), jailbreak developer. Video of talk, and slides (Keynote).
- Kevin Bradley (nitoTV), AppleTV researcher. Video of talk, and slides (PDF).
- Ryan Petrich, tweak developer. Video of talk, and slides with speaker notes (PDF).
- Justin Williams (Jaywalker), jailbreak developer. Video stream archive of Ryan Petrich, Justin Williams (Jaywalker), Jay Freeman (saurik), and Dustin Howett.
- Jay Freeman (saurik), Cydia developer. Video of talk
- Dustin Howett, tweak developer. Video stream archive of Ryan Petrich, Justin Williams (Jaywalker), Jay Freeman (saurik), and Dustin Howett, and slides from Dustin Howett's talk (Keynote).
- Josh M. Tucker, tweak concept designer. Vide of talk
- Austin Bradley, theme artist.
- Nikias Bassen (pimskeks), jailbreak developer. Slides of talk (PDF).
- Redmond Pie: "JailbreakCon 2012 (WWJC): As It Happened"
- iDownloadBlog: "The tale of my three days at the epicenter of the jailbreak community"
- iDownloadBlog: "JailbreakCon 2012 schedule"
- iJailbreak: "The World Wide Jailbreaking Convention (JailbreakCon 2012) Overview"
- Cult of Mac: "The Future Of Jailbreaking: A Roundup Of What You Missed At JailbreakCon 2012"
- JailbreakNation: "Pod2G Interview On The Future Of Jailbreaking And His Personal Experience"
MyGreatFest London, September 2011
This event was held at The Old Truman Brewery in London on 17 September.
- Aaron Ash, developer of Barrel and other tweaks - talk slides (PPT)
- Carsten Heinelt, developer of iFile
- iDroid Team Members - iDroid talk slides (PDF)
- James Whelton
- p0sixninja and OPK - Chronic Dev talk slides (PDF)
- iDownloadBlog: "MyGreatFest — A Roundup of Everything You Missed"
- AppAdvice: "From Cydia To iOS 5 Jailbreak - Here's Everything That Happened"
- ReadWriteWeb: "Jailbreaking Convention MyGreatFest Brings iPhone Hacking to Mainstream"
- TheNextWeb: "Cydia and Jailbreak apps: The ecosystem, developers and increasing revenues"
- BBC News: "Who are the jailbreakers?"
- CNet: "I'd recommend jailbreaking to anyone"
- AppAdvice: "The Chronic Dev Talks iOS 5 Jailbreak & Plans For The Future"
- iDownloadBlog: "The Chronic Dev Team Talks iPhone 5 Jailbreak and New Exploits at MyGreatFest"
- iDownloadBlog: "Saurik, the Father of Cydia, Talks About the State of Cydia and Jailbreaking at MyGreatFest"
- Redmond Pie: "JailbreakCon 2011 London (Formerly MyGreatFest): The First Ever Jailbreak Convention As It Unfolded"
- iMore: "Enter @JailbreakCon"