This (will be) a documented list of known factory firmwares, used by Apple workers in California to do engineering tests on prototype devices and also by factory workers on production ones during manufacturing. Factory firmwares are based on production iOS ones, but adapted for internal engineering tests, development and debugging. Unlike production iOS firmwares, factory ones have the following differences :
- Contain DEVELOPMENT Fused bootloaders in \Firmware\dfu\ and \Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.[board codename].factoryfa\.
- Contain DEVELOPMENT Fused kernelcache.
- Contain Skankwerk (gear) logo image file in \Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.[board codename].factoryfa\.
- Have the /AppleInternal folder, which the hierarchy inside get priority over hierarchy in /.
- Launch SwitchBoard instead of SpringBoard as User Interface.
- /usr and subfolders contain many UNIX command line utilities.
- SSH daemon is pre-installed.
- It has some Private Frameworks in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks for internal GUI apps and command line utilities.
|Version||Build||Codename||Baseband||SHA1 Hash||Comments||File Size||Device|
||Originally available here, but was soon taken down.||109,813,128||iPhone|
|4A57||?||?||Runs SwitchBoard, a simple launcher for other utilities.||?|
|7.0.3||11B64940j||Inferno||iPad mini 2|