The iPhone 12 was introduced by Apple CEO Tim Cook at Apple's 'Hi, Speed' event on 13 October 2020.
It was made available for preorder on 16 October 2020 and for purchase on 23 October 2020.
The firmware identifier is iPhone13,2.
This model of iPhone uses Apple's A14 Bionic SoC with 4GB LPDDR4X RAM.
The baseband processor is the Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G Modem.
- Size: 6.1 inches (diagonal).
- Brightness: 625 nits max brightness (typical); 1200 nits max brightness (HDR).
- Colorspace: DCI-P3
- Technology: OLED
- Resolution: 2532x1170 at 460 pixels per inch
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 2,000,000:1
Other Display Features
- HDR Display
- True Tone
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously.
Advertised Battery Life:
- Audio playback: Up to 65 hours
- Video playback: Up to 17 hours
- Video playback (streamed): Up to 11 hours
Actual Battery Specifications:
- Fast-charge capable.
- Front: 12MP camera with an ƒ/2.2 aperture.
- Back: Dual 12MP camera system: Wide and Ultra Wide.
ƒ/1.6 aperture (Wide). ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view. (Ultra Wide).
- Face ID
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
Size and Weight
- Height: 5.78 inches (146.7 mm)
- Width: 2.82 inches (71.5 mm)
- Depth: 0.29 inch (7.4 mm)
- Weight: 5.78 ounces (164 grams)
Cellular and Wireless
- Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0 technology
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz and mmWave)
- Gigabit LTE with 4x4 MIMO and LAA
- SIM Card: Dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSIM)