Apple Watch (1st generation)
This is the Apple Watch introduced by Tim Cook at Apple's 'Wish we could say more.' event on the 9th September 2014.
This device uses the new Apple S1 processor, The processor is an ARMv7k architecture (32-bit). Internally, the phone is referred to as n27.
- RAM: 512MB
- BCM4334 Wi-Fi chip from Broadcom
- NAND size: 4GB/8GB. It's also possible, that more will be available.
- Display: Retina.
- Screen: Sapphire crystal (Apple Watch/Apple Watch Edition)/Strengthened Ion-X glass (Apple Watch Sport)
- Compatibility: iOS 8.2 running on: iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Sport
- Apple Watch Edition (the body is made from gold)
Apple confirmed, that Watch will support third-party applications. The device will have an API called WatchKit.
Currently announced third-party apps:
- Twitter (A07)
- City Mapper (E10)
- HoneyWell (B07)
- Lutron (C07)
- American Airlines (B06)
- Starwood Hotels (C02)
- Major League Baseball (C10)
- PInterest (D07)
- Yahoo (D06)
- Comedy Central (A04)